Hey there! I’m Amy, a fun-loving mum from Swindon, UK, who just so happens to be the girl behind Hello Treacle. Hello Treacle began in autumn 2016 with just three cards focused on infertility – it was a pet project to see me through a hard time, but my goodness it’s grown!
It turns out that a lot of people need a little positivity, and for all kinds of reasons. So what started life as a distraction from my own challenges, and to support other couples living with fertility issues has become so much more, especially as my life has changed over the past couple of years.
Why the blog?
The reasons for this new blog are many. Having a blog alongside my online store offers me the perfect platform for raising awareness and enabling conversations about topics which are deeply important to me – everything from infertility to birth and motherhood, mental health and body image.
More than that, I want to champion other indie businesses and topic cheerleaders. I’ve been inviting guest writers to talk about things that they feel passionately about, and to shout about their own causes and businesses, too.
I also think it would be nice for you guys to know a little more about me, about Hello Treacle, and life at Treacle Towers.
What will you be blogging about?
- The whole shebang of parenthood – from the not so simple path to parenthood, to the day you wave your child off at the school gates for the first time. And everything beyond and between.
- Body positivity, mental health and self love – so many of us have difficulty loving ourselves, inside and out. Why is that and what can we do about it?
- Veganism and the environment – I’m a vegan mum, who cares deeply about protecting our planet. Eco-friendly and vegan lifestyle choices and experiences are on my list!
- Indie businesses – what it’s like to be a small business owner, but I also want to shine the light on other amazing small and creative businesses, which I think you’ll love. Community over competition always!
How can I get involved?
There are a few ways you can get involved with Hello Treacle and keep up to date.
- Subscribe to the Hello Treacle Newsletter - a heads up about new and exciting happenings, including new blog posts and important goings on.
- Join the very exciting Treacle Tribe over on Facebook! It’s a fun and friendly members only space for Hello Treacle fans and customers, where you’ll be the first to get sneak peeks of new Hello Treacle goodies, exclusive freebies and discounts. You’ll also be able to give me some feedback, help me to test new ideas, and bring you more of the things you love from Hello Treacle.
- Find me on Instagram, on Twitter, or on my Hello Treacle Facebook page.